Monday, September 22, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 147




I like to carve the spare after making the mold. I start by drawing the layout of the spare with a pencil, and a combination square/ruler.






First I carve the ends of the spare, which are two half circles at the ends of a cone shape, with one large half circle and one small half circle. I use my paring knife for all the carving. Plaster is very homogeneous and relatively easy to carve. I shave off a little bit at a time, so it is easy to do.






Next, I carve out the middle, between the two half circles that I have already carved. I carve from the middle, out to the pencil lines.






Finally, I bevel the top edge of the mold.






I repeat the above steps for the other half of the spare. Here is a snapshot of the finished spare.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.