Saturday, October 18, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 173




I needed to do some minor filling where the build-up meets the plaster at the socket end of the mold. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Now the build-up meets the plaster without as many gaps. Fewer gaps means less leaking of plaster when I pour the second part.



If I do not feel like I have enough time to pour plaster, I try and find something to do to prepare for when I do have enough time to do the pour. I have found that it is not a good idea to try and rush a plaster pour. It seems there is always something more to do. If I waited until it was perfect, I would never make any progress at all. I strive for perfection, but have to settle for a little less. I am going slow enough as it is. Even the slowest doll maker in the world should not have any problems following what I am doing? I try to do a little bit of work on my doll every day.

Actually, I am afraid that if I stop, I will never get started again, and another work-in-progress doll will end up in a box on a shelf in my studio. I am determined to finish this doll this time. All it takes is a little bit of work, perseverance, and a little luck to do it.

How about talent? I sincerely believe that work, perseverance, and luck are more important than talent. There are many people with natural talent who take it for granted, and never do anything. With work, perseverance, and luck, something can be accomplished by anyone, if they really want to do it.

One last thing I would like to mention is the bas relief tutorial over at Lori Kiplinger Pandy's blog. There are four parts, so far. Go take a look:

Sculpting the Bas Relief Tutorial part 1
Sculpting the Bas Relief Tutorial part 2
Sculpting the Bas Relief Tutorial part 3
Sculpting the Bas Relief Tutorial part 4




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.