Monday, October 20, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 175




I continued to work on the oil-clay build-up until the coddles fit tight all around. I clamped the coddles in place. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I secured the coddles to the molding table with coils of oil-clay pressed around the bottom of the coddles.



I also mixed up a new batch of parting agent. I use a 50/50 mixture of liquid soap and water. I used the little laundry measuring cup to get equal amounts of soap and water, by volume. I use an old paint brush to apply the parting agent. I always pour some parting agent from the jar into the little paint cup when I soap the mold, so the brush won't contaminate my main supply of parting agent. So far, my molds have opened up nicely, so this parting agent works good.




This is the other side. To get these coddles nice and tight against the first part of the mold, I added a couple of "C" clamps. I will apply the parting agent before I mix the plaster.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.