Tuesday, October 21, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 176




Today I poured the second part of the three piece plaster mold of the upper leg. Before I mixed the plaster, I added some oil-clay coils around the edges of the plaster. Click on any image to enlarge it.






As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I always soap the mold from a little paint cup. I pour some parting agent from the jar into the paint cup and work from it.






A snapshot of the mold being soaped.






I weighed the water (3.5 pounds) and the plaster (5.25 pounds), mixed them together, and poured the mold. I always let the mold setup for at least an hour before messing with it. Usually, I just wait until the next day.



One more piece to do. The third piece will not have any oil-clay build-up to mess with.




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.