Thursday, November 6, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 192




The oil-clay build-up fits over the carving wax upper leg pattern with about a 1/8th of an inch gap all around. I made this build-up somewhat thicker than I usually do. I've been thinking about how to work around the wild parting line. I think I will just follow the parting line, building up when it goes high, and carving away when it goes low. I also considered doing some work on the carving wax pattern, using the wax pen, then redrawing the parting line. Depending on how this comes out, I may still have to do that? I am figuring it out as I go along. I am bound to make some mistakes. If I do make a mistake, I can stop and fix it. Click on the image to enlarge it.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.