Tuesday, June 16, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 211




I changed the weights of water and plaster, from what I figured out yesterday to 4.5 pounds of water to 6.75 pounds of plaster. This still has the same consistency of 67.






After adding the plaster to the water, and letting the plaster slack until it soaked up all the water, I pushed the island of plaster under the water and squished out the lumps with my hand until it was very creamy. I let it sit until it was ready to pour, then started the vibrator on the mold table. I poured the plaster evenly into the mold until it reached the mark I had made. Then I emptied the excess plaster into the lined trash bin, and washed out the plaster from the mixing container in my water bucket. I also washed my hands in the mixing bucket. Never put plaster (dry, set, or wet) down the drain pipes. It is best to let the plaster set, undisturbed, for at least an hour. I usually let it set until the next day.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.