Tuesday, June 23, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 218




After removing the coddles, I used the SurForm tool to bevel all the edges.






Next, I used a knife and a small hammer to open the third mold piece along the mold seam.






It came off easily. I beveled all the edges.






Next, I opened the first two mold pieces.






They opened easily.






I removed the carving wax pattern. It came out easily.






I finished beveling all the edges that needed to be beveled.






I used a pencil to mark the placement of the spare.






I used my paring knife to start cutting the spare at each end.






Then I cut the middle of the spare.






I repeated the same operation to carve the other half of the spare.






This is what the inside of the mold looks like.






I banded the mold and set it next to the furnace to dry. All the other molds are already dry.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.