Saturday, June 27, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 222




Because of the supports, I am leaving this build-up on the modeling board. I fastened the modeling board to the mold table with some balls of oil clay. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This snapshot shows the coddles fastened to the modeling board with coils of oil clay all around the bottom edges. The coddles are secured at the top with C or G clamps. Because of the large open space below the build-up, I took extra pains to seal all the way around the inside of the coddles for this mold piece, including the vertical inside corners.



The arithmetic for this mold volume indicates that I will need 5 pounds of water to 7.5 pounds of plaster. That should yield a consistency of 67.




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.