Sunday, June 28, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 223




I weighed 5 pounds of water and 7.5 pounds of plaster, then added the plaster to the water and let it slack. I pushed the island of plaster under the water and squeezed out the lumps with my fingers. I mixed the plaster until it was smooth. When I could trace an S in the surface and it left a mark, the plaster mix was ready to pour. I turned on the mold table vibrator. I poured the plaster evenly into the coddles. I turned off the vibrator. Excess plaster was dumped in the trash bin. I cleaned my hands, tools, and mixing container in the bucket of water. Never put plaster (dry, wet, or set) down the drain pipes !!! I leave the mold completely alone for at least an hour for it to set up. This is just the first piece of this mold. Click on the image to enlarge it.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.