Monday, July 13, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 238




I draw the outline of the spare with a #2 lead pencil. The important thing to remember when doing this is to make sure there is plenty of draft, so the spare won't get locked in the mold. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I use my paring knife to carve the spare, using the pencil lines as a guide.






I also draw pencil guide lines on the other side of the mold.






Then I carve it out as well.






This is a bird's eye view of the finished spare.






I band the mold before storing it. Plaster molds can warp !!!






I store the mold with the others. Only nine more molds to go.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.