Tuesday, August 4, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 260




I remove the coddle board from the socket end of the upper torso first. Click on any image to enlarge it.






As I remove the coddle boards, I clean the oil clay. I try to keep the green oil clay separate from the tan oil clay because the green oil clay contains sulfur, and the tan oil clay is sulfur-free. This is the neck end of the upper torso.






So far, no major leaks to report. This is an arm socket side of the upper torso.






This is the other arm socket side of the upper torso.






Back to the socket end of the upper torso. No plaster leaks in the socket.






I removed some sharp edges from this part of the mold so it will lie flat on the mold table for the second mold part.






I will need to construct some more clay build-up around the socket end, as well as around each arm socket. I must also remember to carve some registration keys, and apply parting agent before pouring the second piece of this mold.






Links To BJD Tutorials Updated 1 August 2015




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.