Friday, August 14, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 270




Opening the coddles for a new mold piece is always exciting. I am happy to report that there were no major plaster leaks. These are four snapshots of each of the coddle boards being removed. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I like to clean the oil clay as I remove it from the mold. I also wash off the coddles and dry them with a rag.






I will be doing some plaster carving on this end.






I got a little heavy-handed when removing the clay build-up from the socket end. I will need to do some repair work with the wax pen before I pour the next mold piece.






Links To BJD Tutorials Updated 1 August 2015




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.