Thursday, August 27, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 283




I draw the outline of the spare on the mold with a pencil. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I carve it with the paring knife.






I put the mold pieces together and transfer the lines to the other half of the mold.






I carve it out with the paring knife.






The completed spare. I am running out of rubber bands, so I am using the acrylic yarn to bind the mold while it is drying.






Overall, this mold has some issues, but I am going to try and get a couple of casting from it before I do it over again. This is a snapshot of all the molds I have made, so far. I am halfway finished. Only eight more molds to go.... head, skullcap, right upper arm, right lower arm, right hand, left upper arm, left lower arm, and left hand.






Links To BJD Tutorials Updated 1 August 2015




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.