Sunday, September 20, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 305




I made enough uninterrupted time to pour the second part of this mold. Plaster sticks to plaster. I applied a parting agent made from a 50/50 solution of water and liquid soap. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I mixed 28 ounces of water and 42 ounces of plaster. Always add plaster to water. I used the mold table vibrator when I poured the plaster. I washed my hands and the mixing container in a 5-gallon bucket of water. Never put plaster (dry, set, or wet) down the drain pipes. Having a lined trash bin, and a bucket of water prepared ahead of time takes a lot of the anxiety out of making plaster molds. I always let the mold setup for at least one hour after pouring. It usually stays there until the next day. One more part to make for this mold.






Links To BJD Tutorials Updated 1 August 2015




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.